thetrainline was first established in 1999. Our mission is to help our customers make savings on train tickets. We also work with partners to offer savings on car hire, hotels and theatre tickets.
The numbers bit...
- We have access to over 213 million fare and journey combinations, covering all routes.
- Since 1999 thetrainline.com has:
- Sold to over 10 million travellers.
thetrainline can help you save money on train tickets
- You can save on train tickets compared to buying on the day; with some savings available up to midnight the day before.
- If you are flexible about when you travel our Best Fare Finder tool can help you find our cheapest tickets.
- With our top rated free mobile app you can now buy and save on train tickets whenever and wherever you are. On some routes you can have your ticket sent straight to your phone.
- Our Ticket Alert feature will let you know as soon as tickets go on sale for a particular date so you have the best chance of snapping up the best deals.
- You can view live information the same as the station and find train times in an instant with our quick train timestool.
We also offer various ways to get your tickets, including
- Collection from Self Service ticket machines, at most UK origin stations.
- Print your own - print train tickets for travel from your own printer. (Selected routes/ tickets)
- M-tickets - mobile tickets delivered to your phone (Selected apps/routes/tickets)
- Postal delivery.
- You can view bookings made on the website on your mobile phone giving you total access to your journey details wherever you are.