Transport Scotland is an agency of the Scottish Government and is accountable to Parliament and the public through Scottish Ministers.
You can contact Transport Scotland in writing, by phone or email.
From 2 August 2010 Transport Scotland is responsible for:
- Rail and trunk road networks
- Major public transport projects
- National concessionary travel schemes
- Impartial travel services
- Coordinating the National Transport Strategy for Scotland
- Liaising with regional transport partnerships, including monitoring of funding
- Sustainable transport, road safety and accessibility
- Local roads policy
- Aviation, bus, freight and taxi policy
- Ferries, ports and harbours
- The Blue Badge Scheme